Offworld Armory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragoncon Info

3 posters

Go down

Dragoncon Info Empty Dragoncon Info

Post  DarkeSword Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:04 am

We have two people offering us a room, basically we split the cost like we did at Shevacon, bring a sleeping bag, me and ryan and gunnar will carpool over, and meet you guys at the hotel.

At least that's the plan, we need to organize and plan this.

LITTLE1's Room:

"It's currently a King bed room (but I called and a double bedded room is on request).

The reservation is from Thursday Sept 3 - Tuesday Sept 8, 2009 ...

Obviously the dates can be altered - the current rate is $156/night (Hyatt rate for 4 nights or more) - I think it jumps to $160/night if it's less than 4 nights.

Let me know (or I'll let you know if I get rid of it before you get back to me).

Little1"

Lynn's Room info:
Morning Fitz!
Ahhhh Marriott ..one of the host hotels. Made it as soon as they started taking reservations.
I made a copy of my confirmation..
I would rather be at the Marriott than the Hyatt. .but I could not get enough nights at the Marriott. I am coming in Wed and leaving Tuesday morning!!
From Marriott it is easy to transfer the room to you and your charge card info..by calling them with my confirmation number and telling them you want to transfer it to your info…
If you decide to take this room and transfer it let me know…IF you have any problems and they won’t let you transfer and keep the same rate let me know. .we can work something out.
See you there!!!!
Lyn

Atlanta Marriott Marquis
265 Peachtree Center Avenue
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
USA
1-404-521-0000
Fax: 1-404-586-6299

Guest name: LYNN BITHER
Confirmation number: 81784187
Check-in: Thursday, September 3, 2009
Check-out: Monday, September 7, 2009
Number of guests: 2 (can be changed)
Number of rooms: 1

Room Preferences & Description:
Guaranteed for your arrival: 2 Double Beds

This hotel has a smoke-free policy

Summary of Room Charges:

Thursday, September 3, 2009 - Monday, September 7, 2009
(4 night(s))
Cost per night (per room): 170.00 USD

Estimated government taxes and fees - 25.50

Total for stay (per room) - 782.00

Valet parking, fee: 28 USD daily
Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price.

Rate Rules:
Modifying Your Reservation
Please note that a change in the length or dates of your reservation may result in a rate change.

Dragoncon memberships are 90$ per person. Plus a 9.75$ ticketmaster fee.

Then we have the choice of Little1's room at 156 at the Hyatt, but we pay less because we'd have to travel to the actual event.

That being said, for 170$, we get to stay at the Marriott, which is right in the heart of the action

So we have to think, do we wanna travel every day, or be right in the heart of the action.

For 156 a night that comes out to 624$ total for the four days.
Per person we'd pay 124.80 for a total of 5 people.

Without Ian, (he's not sure if he's gonna go) - 156$ per person.

Tack on 90$+ 9.75 ticketmaster fee, and that's 224.55 per person if there's 5 of us, and 255.75 if there's only the four of us.

Now we're also going to need to split gas money. Between the four of us, Ian will be driving from Florida so, he's on his own there.

Hopefully by my getting the Rookie helmet done, we can save some money on the side by getting some casts and finished helmets sold.

Now for the Marriott version (Lynn's room), 170 a night - 680$ total.

Divided by 5: 136$ - Plus 90$ dragoncon membership + 9.75$ ticketmaster fee = 235.75 per person

Divided by 4: 170$ - Plus 90$ dragoncon membership + 9.75$ ticketmaster fee = 269.75 per person.

There's also a group rate, but you need ten people minimum to get it, the group rate difference is: 5$.....

I personally think we should try our best to get these costumes done or at minimum helmets, (but I'm working on that as we speak, pics on offworld fanpage); so we at least have some stuff to sell to help fund this trip. Then once we've done that, purchase business cards, finish the site, and so on.

Plus if we wanna get a booth, we need to organize this asap, I think the are already set in stone...

- Fitz
DarkeSword
DarkeSword
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Dragoncon Info Empty Re: Dragoncon Info

Post  Puffin117 Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:57 am

Current plan to my knowledge is Friday to Monday?

So we need it for Friday Saturday and Sunday nights!

Puffin117
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkeSword Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:30 am

We need to confirm by this weekend if we're going, can we do that?
DarkeSword
DarkeSword
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Dragoncon Info Empty Other hotels

Post  supertrooper Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:07 am

Now I have been looking into nearby hotels and they seem to be cheaper, however Im probably overlooking the fact that they are most likely sold out. Is that the case and everyone is looking for a room somewhere with someone to share? If so ok. I definitely won't be able to fund the trip for the whole Con, I might only be able to go to the Con on sat n sun and get a hotel for sat night...........anybody got ideas for short term stays?

Im in college and as my parens say "your not supposed to have money in college".........therein lies my predicament.......

-K. Polly
supertrooper
supertrooper

http://www.myspace.com/suthernlimelight

Back to top Go down

Post  supertrooper Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:01 pm

found a place to stay at with some fellow florida garrison members at the marriot. se you guys there!
supertrooper
supertrooper

http://www.myspace.com/suthernlimelight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum